Create a read-only user account
For maximum security and easier control over your integration, it's best to create a read-only user account specifically for Baremetrics to use.
To get a username and password to enter into Baremetrics, follow these steps:
- Go to your partner dashboard https://partners.shopify.com
- Click team on the left
- Click “Invite Staff Member”
- Enter an email, and select only the “View Financials” permission
- Click the link in the confirmation email Shopify sent you
Finally, grab your Partner ID from your Partner Dashboard URL (in place of "ID_HERE").
Caveats with the integration
- Churn is based on the non-presence of a charge the following month and is therefore lagging by up to 30 days.
- Shopify does not provide us with your customer's email addresses and we therefore cannot enrich your customer's data.
- Some customers (usually from earlier years) are marked by Shopify as "REDACTED". Such customers are excluded from metrics.
- UsageCharge charges are not included in MRR. They are included in Other Revenue and Net Revenue