NOTE: Connecting Google Play Store is currently not self-service. If you'd like to connect, you will need to send us your API credentials, and we will connect for you.
If you haven't already, start a trial here: https://app.baremetrics.com/signup
There's currently a three step process for connecting you to Google Play and importing all your data to generate metrics:
- Follow the instructions below to retrieve API credentials
- Send the bucket id and JSON file to email@example.com
- We parse the data and magically connect!
Please follow the steps below to retrieve the required API credentials:
- Login to https://play.google.com/apps/publish/ as an account owner.
- Head to "Settings" → "API access"
.. and "Link" your Google Play account to a Google Developer project.
- Create a Service account
A JSON file with the credentials will be downloaded to your computer. Finally, you'll need to grant access to your app's financial information for this newly created service account. To do that, head back to the Play Store console (tab should still be open):
Now you'll need to retrieve your Google Play Store storage bucket id:
Head to the developer console: https://play.google.com/apps/publish
Select "Download Reports" in the menu on the left.
Select your app.
At the bottom of the page, you'll find "Direct report URIs:" with a URL that looks something like:
pubsite_prod_rev_01234501234567543210 is what we need.
Now, send a message through our support widget or email firstname.lastname@example.org, then copy-paste your bucket id and drag-and-drop the credentials JSON file you downloaded earlier.
You can send them encrypted by following these steps:
- Go to the following URL: https://keybase.io/encrypt#filler
- Add the keys (contents of the json file and bucket name) etc into the “Message” body
- Click “encrypt”
- Send us the full text from “The secret message”
We'll connect for you and notify when ready!