Create a Baremetrics API access point
Login as admin to your Braintree account
Go to Settings > Users and Roles > Manage Roles > New
Name the role Baremetrics
We need the following permissions.
- Download Transactions with Masked Payment Data
- Download Vault Records with Masked Payment Data
- Download Subscription Records
- Manage Subscriptions (Add/Edit/Delete)
- Manage Webhooks (Add/Edit/Delete)
- Manage Customers and Payment Methods (Add/Edit/Delete)
Click "Create Role"
Go to Settings > Users and roles > New user
Give the user API Access, assign the new “Baremetrics” role and also access to the merchant accounts which you want to be included in Baremetrics (most likely all of them).
Now logout of Braintree and log back in as this new Baremetrics user.
Go to Account > My User > API Keys, Tokenization Keys, Encryption Keys
You will need three things to setup Baremetrics with Braintree:
- Public Key
- Private Key
- Merchant ID
Head to Settings > Webhooks
Click on Create new Webhook.
Setup webhooks as follows with the custom URL you see during setup in Baremetrics as the destination.
The URL will look something like https://ABC:firstname.lastname@example.org/braintree